This intensive training provides the fundamental knowledge and skills to use Windows PowerShell for automating administration of Windows based computers. The skills taught in this course are applicable to all Microsoft products that use Windows PowerShell for daily administration.
Training focuses mainly on using Windows PowerShell as an interactive command line interface however it also includes some coverage of scripting and programming topics.
Delegates should have good knowledge of Windows server and client administration including: installing operating system, configuring network adapters and administering Active Directory objects.
Delegates do not need to have any scripting or programming experience and are not expected to have any Windows PowerShell experience.
- Introduction Windows PowerShell – Finding and discovering commands
- Interpreting help and running commands
- Using Profiles
- Working with PSProviders and PSDrives
- Variables, strings, hashtables, and core operators
- Regular expression basics
- Working with the pipeline
- Selecting, sorting, measuring and formatting command output
- Exporting and converting data
- Persistent and implicit remoting
- Management information by Using WMI and CIM
- Background and scheduled jobs
- Moving From Script to Function to Module
- PowerShell security – signing scripts
- Basic and advanced scripting concepts
- Basic Error Handling
- Analyzing and Debugging Scripts
- Writing Controller Scripts
- Manipulating XML Data Files
- Using Desired State Configuration
- Windows PowerShell Workflow
- Installing PowerShell Web Access
- Installing Windows 2016 Core operating system
- Installing, configuring and managing Active Directory Domain Services
- Configuring basic roles and features (DNS, DHCP etc.)
- Optional – administering Azure and Office 365