Teradata is a popular Relational Database Management System for building large scale data warehousing applications. Teradata achieves this by way of parallelism.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at application developers and engineers who wish to master more sophisticated usages of the Teradata database.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Manage Teradata space.
- Protect and distribute data in Teradata.
- Read Explain Plan.
- Improve SQL proficiency.
- Use main utilities of Teradata.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- Rich experience in using SQL.
Managing Space in Teradata
- PERM Space
- TEMP Space
Understanding Different Types of Tables
- Derived Table
- Volatile Table
- Global Temporary Table
Protecting Data in Teradata
- RAID protection
- Achieving and recovering data
Distributing Data in Teradata
- Hashing Algorithm
- Primary & secondary index in Teradata
- Retrieving data using PI & NUPI
- Retrieving data using USI & NUSI
Understanding Other Indexes in Teradata
- PPI (Partition Primary Index)
- MLPPI (Multi Level PPI)
- Join Index
- Sparse Index
Reading Explain Plan
- Key words in Explain Plan
Teradata Join Strategies
- Dealing with different types of Joins in SQL
- Teradata SQL Performance Tuning
- Optimization in Teradata
Using SQL in Teradata
- Working with different Functions
- String Functions
- Format Functions
- Cast Functions
- Date Functions
- Group & Aggregate Functions
Using Teradata Utilities
- Pros & cons of each utility
Summary and Conclusion