Apache Cassandra is an open source, NoSQL database management system for handling large data across multiple servers and clusters. The Cassandra 4.0 release introduces new features and improvements that focuses on high speed, scalability, and performance.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at sysadmin and developers who wish to use Cassandra 4.0 to create, build, and manage large-scale databases with high availability and fewer failures.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Install and configure Apache Cassandra.
- Migrate from earlier versions to Cassandra 4.0.
- Learn more about the new features in Cassandra 4.0.
- Build, manage, and scale high-performing databases.
- Monitor table activities and optimize internode communications.
- Use zero copy streaming to quickly transfer data across a distributed database.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- Experience with database management
- System administrators
- What’s new in Cassandra 4.0?
- Cassandra basics and core concepts
- Migrating to Cassandra 4.0
- Installing and configuring Cassandra
- Using Cassandra Query Language (CQL)
- Choosing a client driver
- Production recommendations
Data Modeling and Management
- Concepts, examples, and tools
- Defining application queries
- Physical and logical data modeling
- Refining table designs
- Defining database schema
- Working with virtual tables
- Configuring audit logging
- Enabling full query logging
- Optimizations and tuning
- Enabling transient replication
- Implementing zero copy streaming
Summary and Next Steps