Blockchain is a technology for building decentralized systems. For Telecom providers, this technology could open the door for improved service offerings in areas such as billing and fraud detection, to name just two.
In this instructor-led, live training, we examine the core principles behind Blockchain technology and gain an understanding of its overall architecture and functionality. Throughout the course, we examine Blockchain technology’s specific applications within the Telecom industry. Scenarios include security, payment systems, and user verification.
Format of the course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- An understanding of the telecom industry.
- Business and technical managers in the Telecom industry
- Beyond Bitcoin: Blockchain technology as a breakthrough across all industries
- The looming challenge that all Telecoms face
Overview of the Blockchain Landscape
- History and Background
- Companies using Blockchain
- Payment systems
- Royalty collection
- Bitcoin pseudo-anonymity
- Security measures
- Wallet backup and restore
Mining and Transactions
- Digital assets
- Distributed ledgers
- Networks and nodes
- Proof and distributed consensus
- Pools and scripting
Centralised vs. Decentralised Blockchains
- Centralised blockchain
- Decentralised blockchain
Use Cases and Opportunities for Telecom Providers
- Verification of outgoing calls
- Fraud detection and prevention
- Roaming and in-subscription identity management
- Smart contracts
- Transparency of transactions
- Secure IoT connectivity
- Ensuring communication between IoT devices
- Enabling of 5G
- Handling heterogeneous access nodes and diverse access mechanisms
- Ensuring the integrity of the network
- Enabling selection mechanisms for new access technology
- Payment methods
- New competitors on the Telecom horizon
Summary and Conclusion
- The future of Blockchain and Telecom