In this instructor-led, live training, participants will learn how to create web-based data-driven visualizations that run on multiple devices responsively.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Use D3 to create interactive graphics, information dashboards, infographics and maps.
- Control HTML with jQuery-like selections.
- Transform the DOM by selecting elements and joining to data.
- Export SVG for use in print publications.
Format of the course
- Part lecture, part discussion, exercises and heavy hands-on practice
- Data scientists
Overview of the data visualization process
D3 methods: scaling, events, transitions, and animations
Attaching your data to DOM (Document Object Model) elements
Using CSS3, HTML, and/or SVG to showcase data
Making data interactive with D3.js data-driven transformations and transitions
Working with layouts