Redash is an open source business intelligence tool for creating data visualizations and interactive dashboards. It uses SQL to query and extract data from different database sources, such as Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB, Presto, Snowflake, etc.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at data scientists and developers who wish to use Redash to run SQL-based queries and visualize data from multiple sources.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Set up and install Redash to start creating data visualizations and dashboards.
- Connect Redash to different data sources such as Postgres, MongoDB, Databricks, etc.
- Learn how to query and combine complex data from multiple database sources.
- Write and execute SQL queries and build collaborative data visualizations and dashboards.
- Use Redash’s API endpoints to enable integrations with other web applications.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- An understanding of data analytics and database concepts
- Experience in SQL
- Data scientists
- Redash vs Metabase vs Superset
- Overview of Redash features and advantages
- Installing Redash
- Supported data sources
- Connecting to different data sources
- Configuring users and groups
- Creating, editing, and publishing queries
- Running queries from QRDS
- Adding query parameters
- Scheduling queries
- Using favorites and tagging
- Downloading query results
- Using query filters and snippets
Creating Visualizations and Dashboards
- Adding, editing, and embedding visualizations
- Setting up chart visualizations
- Other visualization types
- Combining visualizations in a dashboard
- Managing dashboard permissions
- Sharing and embedding dashboards
Setting Up Alerts
- Creating an alert
- Adding an alert destination
- Customizing notification messages
- Configuring multiple column alerts
Working with Integrations and APIs
- Accessing APIs with Python
- Connecting Redash to Zapier
- Importing query results into Google Spreadsheets
- Configuring an SSH tunnel using API
Best Practices and Troubleshooting
Summary and Next Steps