Data analysis refers to the process of obtaining, cleaning, and analyzing data, often times in a visual manner, to derive insights for better decision making. More and more data is being stored in databases in the cloud so it is important to have a strategy for understanding, managing and accessing such data. One popular tool for accessing and visualizing data is Power Bi.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at technical persons who wish to gain a practical understanding of available cloud solutions, the data analysis processes needed to work with data in the cloud, and the hands-on practice to apply tools such as Power BI to analyze data.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Install and configure Power BI.
- Evaluate the various data solutions offered by cloud providers such as Azure.
- Gain an understanding of the different structures, modeling approaches, and data warehouse designs used to store, manage and access Big Data.
- Apply tools and techniques to clean data in preparation for analysis.
- Build reporting and analytics solutions based on on-premise as well as cloud data.
- Integrate data analytics solutions with a data warehouse.
- Mitigate data security risks and ensure data privacy.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- Experience with elementary data analysis (e.g., Excel).
- A general understanding of cloud concepts (e.g., AWS).
- Database engineers
Overview of On-Premise and Cloud-Based Data Storage and Analysis Solutions
Understanding Big Data
- Big Data criteria
- Big Data structure
- Working with Big Data
- Azure SQL Database
- Azure Data Warehouse
- Azure Data Factory
- Azure Databricks
- Power BI
Working with Databases
- Data warehouse design
- Dimensional modelling
- Implementation and deployment
Data Models – A Comparison
- SSAS Tabular Data Models
- SSAS Multidimension Models
- Power BI Models
- Strategies and tools
- Building Power BI tabular models
- Understanding DAX
- Designing Power BI reports
Power BI Architecture
- Workspace generation
- Administering Azure solutions
- Administering the Power BI Service
- Maintaining a secure Azure architecture
- Azure SQL Database/Data Warehouse, Data Factory and Data Bricks
- Data Masking and Privacy Issues
Summary and Conclusion