Django CMS is an increasingly popular open source content management system. It is an add-on to the Python web framework, Django.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at sysadmins who wish to set up, deploy and manage a Python-based enterprise-grade CMS (content management system).
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Install and configure a production-grade Django CMS website.
- Define user roles and permissions.
- Configure database and perform maintenance operations.
- Secure, monitor, optimize, and troubleshoot a live Django CMS system.
- Peform administration tasks, including backup, restore and site migration.
- Launch multisite instances of Django CMS on-premise or to a public cloud.
- Integrate a Django CMS with third-party applications and systems.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- Experience with the Linux command line
- Familiarity with Python
- System administrators
- Django CMS vs Drupal vs WordPress
Overview of Django Web Framework
Overview of Django CMS Features and Architecture
Evaluating Hosting Options (on-premise, public cloud, etc.)
Installing and Configuring Django CMS
Navigating the Admin UI
Working with Plugins
Working with the Database
Managing Users and Roles
Securing Django CMS
Deploying Django CMS to Production
Setting up Multiple Websites
Backing up and Restoring Django CMS
Migrating Django CMS
Integrating Django CMS with 3rd Party Applications
Monitoring a Django CMS Site
Maintaining and Repairing Django CMS
Optimizing Django CMS
Summary and Conclusion