PyGame is an open source library of Python modules for developing game applications and programs. It is lightweight, easy to use, and compatible with any operating system or platform.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at developers who wish to use PyGame to create and build games using Python programming.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Set up the necessary development environment to start creating game applications with PyGame and Python.
- Learn how to create interactive PyGame applications integrated with animations and multimedia features.
- Run and test game programs with PyGame test suite and convert them into executable files.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- Familiarity with Python programming.
- Overview of PyGame features and components
- PyGame and Python basics
- Installing PyGame on different platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux, etc.)
- Initializing modules
Creating a PyGame Application
- Setting display modes (color, background, etc.)
- Exploring bouncing ball game
- Moving and animating objects
- Importing images and music
- Using Blit and Flip
- Creating a Game Over screen
Expanding Game Options
- Adding game reset, scoring, and randomizing
- Handling events
- Using sprite and camera modules
- Adding custom effects and filters
- Exploring other game examples
Building and Testing a PyGame Application
- Running the PyGame test suite
- Converting PyGame into an executable file
Summary and Next Steps