Google Maps API is a service that allows developers to add location related features and map visualizations into websites and web applications.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at developers who wish to enhance their website or web application by adding geo-location features through Google Maps.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Embed a map into a new or existing website or web application.
- Display live data that synchs with current location.
- Create a mashup that includes Google Maps.
- Create a custom map for an application.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- Software development experience
Overview of Google Maps Features and Fees
How API Services Work
Setting up a Sample Application
Adding a Map
Adding Basic Controls to the Map
Making Calls to Web Service APIs
Making the Map Interactive
Working with Google’s Ajax Object
Consuming and Displaying Third-Party Data
Creating Your Own Service
Summary and Conclusion