Grafana is an open source visualization and metric analytic suite for visualizing real-time data of application analytics. Graphite is an open source software for monitoring and graphing computer system data. Together with Grafana and Gaphite, users are able to quickly diagnose system issues and monitor system performance.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at web developers and DevOps engineers who wish to visualize and monitor data with Grafana and Graphite.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Aggregate and visualize metrics about systems and applications.
- Create a StatsD client for gathering application metrics.
- Build informative and dynamic dashboards with Grafana.
- Gather insights from back-end performance.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- Basic computer experience
- Web Developers
- DevOps Engineers
Visualizing Application Performance
- What is Grafana?
- What are Graphite and StatsD?
Preparing the Development Environment
- Installing and configuring Grafana
- Installing and configuring Graphite
- Installing and configuring StatsD
Metrics Aggregation and Gathering
- Adding StatsD to an application
- Gathering metrics
- Setting up and configuring Graphite-web and Carbon
- Verifying systems
- Loading data sources
- Building dashboards and graphs
- Working with panels
- Using plug-ins
- Integrating an SQL server
- Working with organizations
- Creating, managing, authenticating users and groups
Grafana and Gaphite
- Rendering endpoints
- Working with Grafana queries
Summary and Conclusion