Apache Hadoop is a popular data processing framework for processing large data sets across many computers.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at system administrators who wish to learn how to set up, deploy and manage Hadoop clusters within their organization.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Install and configure Apache Hadoop.
- Understand the four major components in the Hadoop ecoystem: HDFS, MapReduce, YARN, and Hadoop Common.
- Use Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) to scale a cluster to hundreds or thousands of nodes.
- Set up HDFS to operate as storage engine for on-premise Spark deployments.
- Set up Spark to access alternative storage solutions such as Amazon S3 and NoSQL database systems such as Redis, Elasticsearch, Couchbase, Aerospike, etc.
- Carry out administrative tasks such as provisioning, management, monitoring and securing an Apache Hadoop cluster.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- System administration experience
- Experience with Linux command line
- An understanding of big data concepts
- System administrators
- Introduction to Cloud Computing and Big Data solutions
- Overview of Apache Hadoop Features and Architecture
Setting up Hadoop
- Planning a Hadoop cluster (on-premise, cloud, etc.)
- Selecting the OS and Hadoop distribution
- Provisioning resources (hardware, network, etc.)
- Downloading and installing the software
- Sizing the cluster for flexibility
Working with HDFS
- Understanding the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS)
- Overview of HDFS Command Reference
- Accessing HDFS
- Performing Basic File Operations on HDFS
- Using S3 as a complement to HDFS
Overview of the MapReduce
- Understanding Data Flow in the MapReduce Framework
- Map, Shuffle, Sort and Reduce
- Demo: Computing Top Salaries
Working with YARN
- Understanding resource management in Hadoop
- Working with ResourceManager, NodeManager, Application Master
- Scheduling jobs under YARN
- Scheduling for large numbers of nodes and clusters
- Demo: Job scheduling
Integrating Hadoop with Spark
- Setting up storage for Spark (HDFS, Amazon, S3, NoSQL, etc.)
- Understanding Resilient Distributed Datasets (RDDs)
- Creating an RDD
- Implementing RDD Transformations
- Demo: Implementing a Text Search Program for Movie Titles
Managing a Hadoop Cluster
- Monitoring Hadoop
- Securing a Hadoop cluster
- Adding and removing nodes
- Running a performance benchmark
- Tuning a Hadoop cluster to optimizing performance
- Backup, recovery and business continuity planning
- Ensuring high availability (HA)
Upgrading and Migrating a Hadoop Cluster
- Assessing workload requirements
- Upgrading Hadoop
- Moving from on-premise to cloud and vice-versa
- Recovering from failures
Summary and Conclusion