Hasura GraphQL Engine is an open source product built for fast, secure, and scalable data access. It provides real-time GraphQL queries across data sources and efficient data transformations with Postgres.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at database administrators and developers who wish to use Hasura to build, access, and manage databases and applications efficiently with GraphQL.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Set up the necessary development environment to start building databases with Hasura.
- Build, run, manage data access and queries on Hasura using GraphQL models.
- Secure data access by setting up authentication with JSON Web Tokens and Firebase.
- Extend database functions by integrating business logic.
- Manage database migrations and metadata effectively on Hasura to prevent data loss.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- Experience with database management
- Familiarity with GraphQL
- Database administrators
- Overview of Hasura features and architecture
Setting Up the Server
- Choosing a deployment option
- Deploying on Hasura Cloud
- Modeling data
- Building a GraphQL query
- Creating database tables
- Sorting, filtering, and searching data
- Creating items and relations
- Using variables in GraphQL queries
Configuring Authentication in Hasura
- Authenticating with JWT and Firebase REST API
- Setting up role-based access
- Adding anonymous role
- Enabling webhook authentication
Implementing Custom Business Logic
- Setting up Firebase cloud functions
- Creating event triggers and logic
- Adding actions, relations, and remote schema
Migrating Databases and Metadata
- Setting up migrations
- Exporting and importing metadata
- Syncing migrations and metadata
- Seeding data migrations
- Rolling back changes and resetting migrations
Summary and Next Steps