Kotlin is a modern, functional and object-oriented programming language based on Java. It is popular for Android app and server-side development.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at Java developers who wish to use Kotlin for building server-side web applications.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Code Kotlin applications using existing Java frameworks, libraries and tooling.
- Write a backend application with minimal boilerplate code.
- Debug and optimize Kotlin code.
- Test and deploy a Kotlin application.
Format of the course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- To learn more about Kotlin, please visit: https://kotlinlang.org/
- Java programming experience.
- Advantages of Kotlin over Java
Installing and Configuring Kotlin
Overview of Kotlin Features
- Type inference, nullability, collection operators, etc.
Preparing the Development Environment
Similarities and Differences between Kotlin and Java
- Java Interoperability
- Kotlin standard library, data structures, operators
Creating an Application
Controlling the Application Flow
Object-Oriented Programming with Kotlin
Functional Programming with Kotlin
Compiling Kotlin code to JVM Bytecode
Interweaving Kotlin and Java in the Same Application
Securing Your Application
Testing Strategies for Kotlin Applications
Debugging Kotlin Code
Summary and Conclusion