Gradle is an automation system based on Apache Ant and Apache Maven for declaring domain-specific language configurations. Using Gradle, users can build, test, and deploy Java applications.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at java developers who wish to use Gradle to automate the Java web development process.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Build a Java application with Gradle.
- Manage dependencies in a Java application.
- Use Gradle in the cloud.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- Java programming experience
- Web Developers
- What is Gradle?
- Gradle features
Preparing the Development Environment
- Installing and configuring Gradle
- Creating a Gradle build script
Java Development with Gradle
- Building a project
- Adding Gradle
- Using Groovy
- Adding dependency
- Creating a library
- Creating and extending tasks
- Using Gradle Cloud
Testing the Application
- Testing with unit tests and mock tests
Debugging the Application
- Handling errors
Deploying the Application
- Deploying a Java application
- Hosting a Java application
Securing the Application
- Hiding data
Summary and Conclusion