Magellan is an open-source distributed execution engine for geospatial analytics on big data. Implemented on top of Apache Spark, it extends Spark SQL and provides a relational abstraction for geospatial analytics.
This instructor-led, live training introduces the concepts and approaches for implementing geospacial analytics and walks participants through the creation of a predictive analysis application using Magellan on Spark.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Efficiently query, parse and join geospatial datasets at scale
- Implement geospatial data in business intelligence and predictive analytics applications
- Use spatial context to extend the capabilities of mobile devices, sensors, logs, and wearables
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- Experience with Apache Spark
- Experience with SQL and data frame queries
- Application developers