Rancher is an open source PaaS platform for managing Kubernetes on any infrastructure.
This instructor-led, live course provides participants with an overview of Rancher and demonstrates through hands-on practice how to deploy and manage a Kubernetes cluster with Rancher.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Install and configure Rancher.
- Launch a Kubernetes cluster using RKE (Rancher Kubernetes Engine).
- Manage multiple cloud Kubernetes clusters while avoiding vendor lock-in.
- Manage Kubernetes clusters using their operating system and container engine of choice.
Format of the Course
- Part lecture, part discussion, heavy hands-on practice
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- Experience with distributed applications.
- A general understanding of infrastructure and software deployment.
- Software engineers
- System administrators
- DevOps engineers
- Rancher vs OpenShift
Installing and Configuring Rancher
Understanding Rancher’s Kubernetes Distribution
Starting the Rancher Server
Launching Infrastructure Services
Creating a Container Using the UI
Creating a Container through Docker Command Line
Creating a Multi-Container Application
Networking Between Containers
Load Balancing Containers
Launching Kubernetes Using RKE (Rancher Kubernetes Engine)
Administering Kubernetes using Rancher
Managing Kubernetes Workloads
Backup and Recovery
Working with Catalogs
Working with the Rancher API (optional)
Summary and Conclusion