Prescriptive analytics is a branch of business analytics, together with descriptive and predictive analytics. It uses predictive models to suggest actions to take for optimal outcomes, relying on optimization and rules-based techniques as a basis for decision making.
In this instructor-led, live training, participants will learn how to use Matlab to carry out prescriptive analytics on a set of sample data.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Understand the key concepts and frameworks used in prescriptive analytics
- Use MATLAB and its toolboxes to acquire, clean and explore data
- Use rules-based techniques including inference engines, scorecards, and decision trees to make decisions based on different business scenarios
- Use Monte Carlo simulation to analyze uncertainties and ensure sound decision making
- Deploy predictive and prescriptive models to enterprise systems
- Business analysts
- Operations planners
- Functional managers
- BI (Business Intelligence) team members
Format of the course
- Part lecture, part discussion, exercises and heavy hands-on practice
- Experience with Matlab