MongoDB Atlas is a multi-cloud database-as-a-service (DBaaS) platform. It simplifies the setup, operation, and management of MongoDB deployments in the cloud.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at developers and sysadmins who wish to use MongoDB Atlas to run, deploy, and manage databases at scale through automation and simplified configurations.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Set up, configure, and access the MongoDB Atlas cluster.
- Understand the features, architecture, and advantages of MongoDB Atlas.
- Learn how to import/export, query, and manipulate data in MongoDB Atlas.
- Use Atlas APIs to automate database operations and administration.
- Apply the best practices in managing and scaling MongoDB deployments.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- An understanding of database management concepts
- Familiarity with MongoDB
- System administrators
- MongoDB Atlas vs DocumentDB vs Cosmos DB
- Overview of MongoDB Atlas features and architecture
- Creating an Atlas account
- Setting up an Atlas cluster
- Configuring network and user access
- Accessing the Atlas cluster
Interacting with Data
- Migrating and importing data
- Loading data
- Performing CRUD operations
- Configuring database triggers
Working with APIs
- Accessing data through Data API
- Managing deployments with APIs
- Performing admin tasks with Realm Admin API
- Optimizing query performance
- Schema design best practices
- Viewing deployment metrics
- Checking and auditing system logs
Managing Cluster Data and Security
- Data security and privacy compliance
- Backing up and restoring data
- Archiving data in Atlas
- Production best practices
Summary and Next Steps