This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at system administrators and developers who wish to use Prometheus to monitor Kubernetes clusters.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Install and configure Prometheus.
- Monitor dynamic cloud environments.
- Gain better insight into their Kubernetes clusters.
- Set up alerts that are precise and insightful.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- An understanding of Kubernetes
- Programming experience (preferably in Go or Python)
- Experience with Linux command line
- System administrators
- Software engineers
Setting up Prometheus
Overview of Prometheus Features and Architecture
- Prometheus as a time series database
Use Cases for Prometheus
The Prometheus Data Model
Querying the Database
Monitoring Core System Components
Setting up Alerts
Integrating Prometheus with 3rd Party Software
Summary and Next Steps