OpenShift Container Platform (formerly OpenShift Enterprise) v. 4 is a collection of software put together by Red Hat for deploying containers and Kubernetes in the enterprise. New features in version 4 include Operators, machine sets, and CoreOS — all of which enable clusters to self-manage some functions previously performed by administrators.
In this instructor-led, live training (online or onsite), participants will learn how to install, configure, and manage OpenShift Container Platform v4.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Undersand OCI (Open Containers Initiative) and its implications for using container enginees such as Docker in OpenShift.
- Understand the relationship between the different versions of OpenShift (OKP, OpenShift Container Platform, Red Hat OpenShift, etc.).
- Create, configure, manage, and troubleshoot an OpenShift Container Platform cluster.
- Implement OpenShift Container Platform’s self-manage capabilities to improve platform stability and consistency.
- Secure OpenShift Container Platform.
- Monitor and gather metrics.
- Manage storage.
- Upgrade an OpenShift Container Platform 3 cluster to OpenShift Container Platform 4.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- This course focuses on OpenShift Container Platform, version 4. If you wish to use a different version of OpenShift (e.g. OpenShift Container Platform 3 or OKD), please contact us to arrange.
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- An understanding of container concepts
- System administration or devops experience
- System administrators
- Devops engineers
Overview of New Features in OpenShift Container Platform 4
Installing an Openshift Cluster
Configuring and Managing Masters and Nodes
Deploying Applications on Openshift using Source-to-Image (S2I)
Managing Storage on Openshift
Upgrading an OpenShift 3 Cluster to OpenShift 4
Summary and Next Steps