CodeIgniter is a PHP MVC (Model, View Controller) framework. With CodeIgniter, users will be able to apply common development tasks such as, security, form validation, CRUD, and more.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at web developers who wish to build web applications with CodeIgniter.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Use CRUD in CodeIgniter for refactoring API code.
- Extend CodeIgniter to consume dependencies.
- Load CodeIgniter models and views from containers.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- A basic understanding of PHP
- Web Developers
CodeIgniter and PHP Frameworks
- What is CodeIgniter
- The MVC architecture
Preparing the Development Environment
- Installing and configuring CodeIgniter
- Installing and configuring Composer
Getting Started with CodeIgniter
- Creating custom controllers and models
- Loading and using views and models
- Transferring data to views
Forms and Headers
- Working with forms
- Using sessions
- Working with browser headers
- Implementing form and upload validation
- Logging and error logging
CRUD with CodeIgniter
- Selecting data in a database
- Inserting data
- Updating data
- Deleting data
- Refactoring with CRUD models
Views in CodeIgniter
- Deleting and redirecting tasks
- Displaying complete and incomplete tasks
- Creating a get method
- Displaying tasks and task styling
- Re-populating forms
- Working with Composer
Summary and Conclusion