PouchContainer is a lightweight container engine based on the OCI (Open Container Initiative) standard.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at developers who wish to build, ship, and run containerized applications using PouchContainer.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Install and configure PouchContainer.
- Set up and run a PouchContainer container.
- Use PouchContainer to deploy and manage containerized applications such as servers and web apps.
- Use the Dragonfly P2P-base distribution system to distribute container images at scale.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- To learn more about PouchContainer, please visit: https://github.com/alibaba/pouch
- Familiarity with the Linux command line
- A basic understanding of virtualization concepts
- An understanding of networking concepts
- Enabling Lightweight Virtualization with PouchContainers
Overview of Linux Container Technology
Overview of PouchContainer Features and Architecture
Understanding the Kubernetes Container Runtime Interface (CRI)
Kubernetes Pods and the Container Lifecycle
PouchContainer vs Other OCI Container Runtimes
Installing and Configuring PouchContainer
Using the PouchContainer CLI and RPC Calls
Running the PouchContainer Runtime
Client-side Tool vs Server-side Daemon
Managing Images and Containers
Distributing Container Images Using Dragonfly
Managing the Network and System
Working with the PouchContainer API
Interoperating among Multiple Runtimes
Summary and Conclusion