A Progressive Web App (PWA) is a web application that performs like a native mobile app. A Progressive Web App can be deployed as a regular website as well as a Native app on an app store.
In this instructor-led, live training (onsite or remote), participants will learn how to develop their first Progressive Web App as they step through a series of hands-on exercises culminating in the creation and deployment of a functional PWA.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- A mobile device.
- Ability to run Google Chrome on mobile device.
- Web developers
- App developers
- Convergence of web and mobile
Reasons for Developing Progressive Web Apps
- speed and performance (compared to websites)
- offline capabilities
- push notifications
- improved bounce rates
- app-like feel and functionality
- bypassing of App Stores
Enabling Your Website
- secure HTTPS connection
- JSON Manifest
- Service Worker
Building Your First Progressive Web App (PWA)
Using Service Workers to Enable Your App to Work Offline
- Caching data
- Serving push notifications
- Updating content
- Data manipulation
Event Listeners and Commands
- Customizing responses to network requests depending on whether online/offline status
- Data persistence and messaging
- Accessing Cache API, Fetch API, IndexedDB API, postMessage(), etc.
- Increasing user engagement through Notification API
Using Cached Assets in Your Application
Configuring Web App Manifest
- Adding the app to the Home Screen
Application Shell Architecture
Troubleshooting the PWA
Deploying the PWA to an App Store
Summary and Conclusion