Red Hat OpenStack Administration II: Day 2 Operations for Cloud Operators (CL210) Course Overview
Introduction to Red Hat OpenStack Platform configuration and administration of private cloud infrastructure using core OpenStack services.
Red Hat OpenStack Administration II: Infrastructure Configuration for Cloud Administrators (CL210) teaches you how to implement a full-featured cloud computing environment using OpenStack. You will learn how to configure, administer, and manage Red Hat® OpenStack Platform infrastructure. The lessons and objectives taught in this course will prepare you for the Red Hat Certified System Administrator in Red Hat OpenStack exam (EX210).
This course is based on Red Hat OpenStack Platform 13.0 and Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 7.5.
The focus of this course is on managing and using the OpenStack client command-line interface and the director and dashboard graphical web user interfaces to securely manage server instances, compute and storage resources, and user identities.
- Gain familiarity with overcloud service containerization technology.
- Learn about Open Virtual Networking (OVN) enhancement to OVS.
- Use identity service v3 (keystone) with external Red Hat IdM store.
- Manage the core control plane, including Pacemaker.
- Customize images, with techniques for multiple use cases.
- Manage block and object storage.
- Manage compute nodes, including tuning and hyperconvergence.
- Deploy multi-container stacks.
- Troubleshoot OpenStack.
Audience for this course
This course is intended for Linux system administrators, cloud administrators, cloud operators, and infrastructure architects interested in, or responsible for, maintaining a private or hybrid cloud.
- Describe the classroom environment, support systems, functions of the undercloud components, and more.
- Identify the shared services running on a controller node and describe service endpoint configuration and security.
- Describe the installation and architecture of a Red Hat Identity Management back end for the OpenStack identity service.
- Build an image using diskimage-builder and customize launched instances during deployment using cloud-init.
- Explain persistent storage options for use in OpenStack, focusing on the expanding capabilities of the default Red Hat® Ceph Storage.
- Explain the different network types available to the OpenStack networking service and improve network performance with Open Virtual Network.
- Perform common compute node administration tasks, including live migration, evacuation, and enabling and disabling compute nodes.
- Explain the orchestration architecture required to deploy application stacks and write templates using the Heat Orchestration Template (HOT) language.
- Discuss recommended diagnostic and troubleshooting tools and techniques.
- Build a custom image and launch an instance using the custom image.