Ripple (formerly known as OpenCoin) is an open-source, real-time gross settlement system (RTGS), currency exchange and remittance network. It is based on a shared, public database (ledger) that allows for distributed payments, exchanges and remittances. Ripple is used by companies such as UniCredit, UBS and Santander.
In this instructor-led, live training, participants will learn how to develop a service for conducting transactions on top of the Ripple payment system.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Understand the concepts behind cryptographically signed transactions, fiat currencies, and Ripple’s internal currency (XRP).
- Integrate the Ripple protocol into existing systems and access it with third party services
- Use tokens to represent fiat currency, cryptocurrency, commodity, frequent flier miles, mobile minutes and more.
- Technical persons in the financial industry
Format of the course
- Part lecture, part discussion, exercises and heavy hands-on practice
- Programming experience in any language
- Comfortable using a command line interface
- Real world use cases: banks, global payments, and digital exchange
Overview of bank-to-bank transfers
Overview of Blockchain and cryptocurrency
Ripple architectural overview
Developer tools for building a Ripple solution
The Ripple gateway
Listing XRP as an exchange
Issuing and operational addresses
Set up a rippled instance
Integrating the Ripple payment system with third-party projects
Developing a Ripple client application
Launching a Ripple client application
Joining and contributing to the Ripple community