Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
SQL: Fundamentals of Querying or equivalent knowledge.
Module 1: Introduction
- SQL Definition
- SQL Capabilities
- Standards of SQL
- SQL uses
Module 2: SQL Query Commands
- Table Create [Data Type, Table Format, Key Format]
- Insert Data [Single record to multiple records]
- Insert Into [Single record to multiple records]
- Select Statement
- Select Statements with Conditions
- Select Statements with Sub Query
Module 3 – Querying with Unions
- Rule and application of Union
- Rule and application of Union all
Module 4 – Calculate and compute
- Using special query such as:
- Other computation procedures to extract data
Module 5 – Entity Relationship diagram
- Table Relationship
- How to properly breakdown a single table to multiple table
- Create tables with relationship
- How to improve performance of selecting data by using ERD
Module 6 – Table Joins with 2
- Full Join Tables
- Inner Join Tables
- Left Join Tables
- Right Join Tables
Module 7 – Combination of Joins
- Using 3 or more table with mix joins (left, right, full, inner)
- Guidelines to follow when joining multiple tables
Module 8 – SQL Transactions
- What is an SQL Transaction?
- Uses of SQL Transaction
- SQL Transaction when selecting data
- SQL Transaction, roll back and commit
- SQL Transaction ACID property
- There will be hands on exercises for every module that will be completed to test the understanding of the proponents on the topics.
- Power Point Slides will be given after the end of the Training
- SQL Queries from the lesson will be given after the end of the Training
- An unanswered and answered version of the exercise will be given after the end of the training.