Working from home is getting more important in these days due to lock-downs in many countries. Following free and paid tools helps you to manage your work efficiently at home.
We all know Skype for conference calls, instant messaging with clients or chat rooms. But if you haven’t been using it for business, you may have missed out on some new functionalities. Record Skype calls to capture key decisions, and use live subtitles to read the words spoken. Easily share presentations, images, or anything on your screen during a call with integrated screen sharing. Access one skype account across multiple devices—even Alexa!
Slack is the communication tool that brings remote teams together. The platform organizes conversations into channels, which team members can join and leave, as needed, so nobody receives messages or notifications irrelevant to them. Conversations can also be had in threads, which keep messages outside of the main channel so chats don’t get in the way of main topics and projects.
• Instant messaging: Live communication between every team member for seamless collaboration.
• Statuses: Users can set availability statuses to focus on individual tasks as needed.
• File sharing: Drag-and-drop file sharing for PDFs, images, videos and other common files types.
• Voice & video calls: Voice and video calls directly from within Slack.
• Screen sharing: Allows team members to show their work to others in real-time for stronger collaboration.
GoToMeeting is a web-hosted service created and marketed by LogMeIn. It is an online meeting, desktop sharing, and video conferencing software package that enables the user to meet with other computer users, customers, clients or colleagues via the Internet in real time.
Zoom is a suite of video conferencing and communication tools designed for remote teams, virtual businesses conferences, webinars and other corporate purposes. We use Zoom for our virtual meetings, which we can use to run video and voice calls, but it’s capable of much more than this.
· Video meetings: Remote teams can run video meetings and one-to-one video calls.
· Voice calls: You can also run group or one-to-one voice calls when face-to-face meetings aren’t necessary.
· Webinars: You can also use Zoom to host webinars.
· Messaging: Team members can send messages using Zoom.
· File sharing: Share files during and outside of video/voice chats for collaboration between members.
Teams is a chat-based collaboration tool that provides global, remote, and dispersed teams with the ability to work together and share information via a common space. You can utilize cool features like document collaboration, one-on-one chat, team chat, and more. Microsoft Teams is also fully integrated with many other Office 365 services, such as Skype, SharePoint, Exchange, and Yammer.
TeamViewer is a remote access software that allows desktop sharing and file transfer. It is an exceptionally secure software that does not disturb the functioning of existing firewall or antivirus in your system. TeamViewer 14 protects your data simultaneously while you are sharing your desktop screen through remote access.
TeamViewer helps in increasing your output significantly. The remote access software helps in sharing files while your system is on the screen sharing mode.
Features of TeamViewer 14
• Advanced Device Grouping
• One-Click Remote
• Optimized for macOS
• Custom Device Information
• Performance stability on low bandwidth
• Improved connection quality
• QuickSupport for service camp integration
Cisco Webex is a cloud-based collaboration suite comprised of Webex Meetings, Webex Teams and Webex Devices. The Webex suite is a merger of Cisco’s WebEx web conferencing platform and Cisco Spark team collaboration app. The services rebranded under Webex in April 2018 to centralize Cisco’s collaboration portfolio.
Features of Cisco Webex
• HD Video Conferencing
• Platform Versatility and Data Protection
• Secure Online Meetings Anywhere
• Integrated Communication
• Easily Share Desktops and Documents