This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at developers who wish to transform an Angular application into a Progressive Web App.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Set up the necessary development environment to start transforming an Angular application into a PWA.
- Create and style push notifications.
- Integrate icons that personalize an Angular application.
- Cache with Service Worker to make an Angular application work offline.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- An understanding of Angular
Overview of the Mobile App Development Cycle
- Native applications versus progressive applications
Progressive Web Apps Go Native
- Backward compatibility
- Feature parity
Progressive Web Apps and Push Notifications
- Push API
- Notification API
Preparing the Development Environment
- Installing and configuring Angular CLI
- Creating server files that enable HTTP
Developing and Transforming the Application
- Coding a todo list Angular application
- Adding the NPM packages necessary to integrate the PWA
- Overriding the default “themes” with personalized styles (icons, etc.)
- Editing the manifest files
Optimizing the Angular Progressive Web App
- Accessing cached API with Service Worker
- Customizing cached information depending on whether online or offline
- Creating and styling push notifications
Deploying the Application
- Running the Angular application on a mobile emulator or a mobile device
- Proof checking the Angular application with Lighthouse to determine if it meets the PWA standard
Summary and Conclusion