Vaadin is an open-source Java web application development framework. It provides a set of web components and tools that allows developers to implement modern web graphical user interface (GUI) using Java.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at programmers, java developers, and anyone who wishes to use Vaadin to develop and deploy applications.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Setup and configure a Vaadin project.
- Understand the fundamentals of Vaadin in developing applications.
- Use Vaadin to develop applications.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- Basic Java programming skills
- Java Developers
- Anyone who wants to learn how to use Vaadin
- Overview of the Vaadin framework
- Understanding the Vaadin architecture
- Downloading and setting up a Vaadin project
- Understanding the Vaadin UI
- Creating components
- Accessing the database
- Modeling and binding data
- Using FieldGroup and validators
- Utilizing and providing files, images, and other resources
- Using built-in themes and creating custom themes
- Extending Vaadin with add-ons
- Creating applications with Vaadin TouchKit
- Understanding the Vaadin flow security architecture
- Deploying applications to production
Summary and Next Steps