Wear OS (formerly known as Android Wear) is an open-source operating system developed by Google for smartwatches and wearables. Wear OS enables developers to design, build, and distribute feature-rich and interactive apps for wearables.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at developers who wish to install, set up, and customize Wear OS development using Android Studio to build apps for smartwatches and wearables.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Create a Wear OS project to build powerful and interactive apps for wearables.
- Configure notifications, user input, and overlays to create efficient and optimized apps.
- Learn Wear OS design principles to create smooth running and visually stunning apps.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- Knowledge of Java, C, or C++ programming languages
- Experience with Android application development
Overview of Wear OS Features and Architecture
Getting Started with Wear OS
Building a Wear OS App
Creating a Wear OS Project
Deploying Wear OS App to Watch
Debugging Wear OS App
Working with Overlays in Wear OS
Setting Up Notifications
Handling Data, Sync, Network, and Location
Assigning Functions to Physical Buttons
Configuring Input Methods
Designing Watch Faces
Using Wear OS Health Services
Exploring Wear OS Design Principles
Testing the Wear OS App Quality
Distributing App to Wear OS
Summary and Conclusion