Apache Ignite is an in-memory computing platform that sits between the application and data layer to improve speed, scale, and availability.
In this instructor-led, live training, participants will learn the principles behind persistent and pure in-memory storage as they step through the creation of a sample in-memory computing project.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Use Ignite for in-memory, on-disk persistence as well as a purely distributed in-memory database.
- Achieve persistence without syncing data back to a relational database.
- Use Ignite to carry out SQL and distributed joins.
- Improve performance by moving data closer to the CPU, using RAM as a storage.
- Spread data sets across a cluster to achieve horizontal scalability.
- Integrate Ignite with RDBMS, NoSQL, Hadoop and machine learning processors.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- An understanding of databases.
- An understanding of Java.
Overview of Big Data Tools and Technologies
Installing and Configuring Apache Ignite
Overview of Ignite Architecture
Querying Data in Ignite
Spreading Large Data Sets across a Cluster
Understanding the In-Memory Data Grid
Writing a Service in Ignite
Running Distributed Computing with Ignite
Integrating Ignite with RDBMS, NoSQL, Hadoop and Machine Learning Processors
Testing and Troubleshooting
Summary and Conclusion