This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at developers who wish to use and integrate Node.js, Express, and MongoDB to build fast and scalable REST APIs.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Set up and integrate Node.js and Express with MongoDB.
- Understand the features and architecture of Node.js, Express, and MongoDB.
- Learn how to build RESTful APIs using the Node.js, Express, and MongoDB backend stack.
- Implement routes, filtering, sorting, and pagination to Node.js REST APIs.
- Design data models and perform CRUD operations with MongoDB and Mongoose.
- Test and debug APIs with Postman.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- Experience with web development
- Overview of Node.js, Express, and MongoDB features and architecture
- Fundamental concepts of REST APIs
- Setting up Node.js and Express
- Connecting to MongoDB
- Using Postman
Building REST APIs
- Designing APIs
- Implementing routes
- Filtering, sorting, and pagination
- Error handling
Data Modeling with MongoDB
- Designing a data model
- CRUD operations
- Using MongoDB with Mongoose
- Aggregation pipelines
Testing APIs with Postman
- Creating and saving a message
- Retrieving messages from the database
- Finding a single message
- Updating and deleting messages
- Debugging API endpoints
Summary and Next Steps