The MongoDB Aggregation Framework is a simplified and sequential approach to querying, transforming, and processing data in MongoDB.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at data analysts and data scientists who wish to use the MongoDB Aggregation Framework to perform data analysis while simplifying complex operations and aggregation pipelines.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Install and configure MongoDB for data analysis.
- Understand the concepts and stages of the MongoDB Aggregation Framework.
- Learn about the basic structure, syntax, and operations for aggregation.
- Learn how to handle advanced operations in aggregation.
- Apply some optimization tools and techniques to improve aggregation performance.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- An understanding of data analysis concepts
- Experience with MongoDB
- Data analysts
- Data scientists
- What is MongoDB’s Aggregation Framework?
- Aggregation Framework vs Map-Reduce
Understanding Aggregation Concepts
- Aggregation pipelines
- MongoDB aggregation stages
- Use cases and examples
- Installing and configuring MongoDB
- Exploring MongoDB Compass and Studio 3T
- Basic CRUD operations
- Structure and syntax
- Query conditions ($match)
- Inclusion and exclusion of fields ($project)
- Grouping documents ($group)
- Working with arrays ($unwind)
- $lookup and $graphLookup stages
- Expression operators
Advanced Operations in Aggregation
- Categorizing documents ($bucket)
- Multi-faceted aggregations ($facet)
- Accumulator expressions ($accumulator)
- Writing results to a collection ($merge)
Optimizing Aggregation Pipelines
- Projection optimization
- Pipeline sequence optimization
- Pipeline coalescence optimization
- Indexes and document filters
Summary and Next Steps