Cryptocurrency is a recent medium of financial exchange based on Blockchain technology that is decentralized, encrypted, and electronically stored. Investigation on Cryptocurrency enables authorized government agencies to address risks and threats focused on this new financial system.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at investigators and cyber security specialists who wish to understand cryptocurrency technology, identify criminal activities linked to it, and implement proper legal actions in their digital investigation.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Understand the logic behind Blockchain and Cryptocurrency.
- Identify and prosecute illicit activities associated with Cryptocurrency transactions.
- Implement methods and tools useful to Cryptocurrency investigation.
- Integrate traditional and digital forensics for the protection of Cryptocurrency holders.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- A general knowledge on technology
- Experience with forensic investigation and legal background
- An understanding of financial transactions
- A general comprehension of cryptography
- Cyber Security Specialists
Overview of Blockchain Technology
- Cryptocurrency as a Blockchain Application
Understanding Cryptocurrency and Online Marketplace Transactions
- Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies
Identifying Cryptocurrency Trails
- Web, Desktop, and Mobile Wallets
- Hardware Wallets
- Applications for Authenticating Exchanges
Overview of the Dark Web and Criminal Elements in Cryptocurrency
Analyzing Blockchain Forensics
Utilizing Open-source Tools for Track and Trace Operations
- The Web Crawler
Responding to Ransomware Attacks and Data Breaches
Decrypting Money Laundering Processes
- Mitigating Cryptocurrency Theft and Scam
Securing Cryptocurrency Transactions through Digital Evidence
Incorporating Existing Compliance Programs
- The AML Compliance and Cryptocurrency
Summary and Conclusion