This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at engineers who wish to use Helm to streamline the process of installing and managing Kubernetes applications.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Install and configure Helm.
- Create reproducible builds of Kubernetes applications.
- Share applications as Helm charts.
- Run third-party applications saved as Helm charts.
- Manage releases of Helm packages.
Format of the course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- To learn more about Helm, please visit: https://helm.sh/
- Experience with the Linux command line
- Experience managing containers with Kubernetes
- A general understanding of “continuous integration” (CI) / “continuous deliver” (CD) concepts
- DevOps engineers
- Helm package manager as a Continuous Integration (CI) / Continous Deployment (CD) tool.
Installing and Configuring Kubernetes and Helm
Refresher on Kubernetes Cluster Architecture and Docker
Overview of Helm Features and Architecture
Navigating the Kubernetes Dashboard and Helm CLI
Setting up a Helm Repository
Creating a Helm Chart
Deploying a Kubernetes Application
Managing the Application
Monitoring and Logging
Securing Helm: Authentication and Authorization
Managing the Life Cycle with Hooks
Working with Database and APIs
Deploying Complex Applications to Production
Summary and Next Steps