Oracle APEX or Oracle Application Express is an application development service in Oracle Database. It provides a fully-integrated, secure, and low-code platform for building and deploying applications.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at developers who wish to use Oracle APEX to develop, scale, and deploy applications faster with less code.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Set up the necessary development environment to start developing database apps with Oracle APEX.
- Understand and explore the Oracle APEX tools to build a fully-featured application.
- Learn how to create applications and pages using Oracle APEX and the Page Designer UI.
- Extend the functionality of complex enterprise apps easily with Oracle APEX.
- Optimize and scale application performance and deployment.
- Control and secure access to application data and components.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- Experience with application development
- Familiarity with Oracle SQL Database
- Overview of Oracle APEX features and architecture
- Understanding database applications
- Installing Oracle APEX
- Accessing the development environment
- Exploring the UI and tools
Creating an Application
- Setting up the workspace
- Using the Create Application wizard
- Adding and removing application features
- Creating a database app from a file
- Using an application blueprint
- Copying an existing database application
- Creating an application for mobile devices
- Configuring application attributes
- Managing application groups
- Using application and workspace utilities
- Adding pages to an application
- Creating dialog pages
- Branching with dialog pages
- Copying database application pages
- Deleting database application pages
- Locking and unlocking pages
Using Page Designer
- Navigating the Page Designer UI
- Managing page attributes
- Running a page from Page Designer
- Using the runtime developer toolbar
- Copying and deleting an application page
Building Reports and Forms
- Creating a report using the wizard
- Managing cards in a page
- Creating and editing faceted search pages
- Customizing interactive grids and reports
- Managing classic reports
- Viewing and printing reports
- Understanding form types
- Creating a form using the wizard
- Creating master details forms
- Validating user inputs
- Working with BLOBs
Customizing Application Controls and Navigation
- Managing page-level items
- Adding dynamic actions, buttons, and trees
- Creating navigation menus, breadcrumbs, and tabs
- Using computations, validations, and processes
- Working with shared components
- Extending application functions (e-mail, plug-ins, globalization, etc.)
Managing Application Security and Performance
- Security best practices
- Controlling access to applications, pages, and components
- Configuring user identity (authentication and authorization)
- Identifying performance issues
- Logging and reporting
- Creating custom reports
- Testing and debugging applications
- Understanding the deployment process
- Creating, managing, and upgrading custom applications
- Building the applications and components
- Publishing the database application URL
- Exporting applications and components
- Importing and installing exported files
- Deploying an application remotely
Summary and Next Steps