Elasticsearch is an open-source, distributed search engine. It is commonly used together with Logstash (data-collection and log-parsing engine) and Kibana (analytics and visualization platform) to make up the “ELK stack”.
This instructor-led, live training is aimed at software developers who wish to build search and analytics solutions using Elasticsearch.
The training starts with a discussion of the Elasticsearch architecture, including its distributed model and search API. This is followed by an explanation of Elasticsearch’s functionality and how to best integrate it into an existing application.
Hands-on exercises make up an important part of the training, and give participants a chance to put into practice their knowledge while receiving feedback on their implementation and progress.
Format of the Course
- Heavy emphasis on live practice. Most of the concepts are learned through samples, exercises and hands-on development.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- Software development experience.
- Familiarity with the command line.
- No previous experience with Elasticsearch is required.
- Software developers
Introduction to Elasticsearch
Writing Search Queries
Performing Text Analysis
Expanding Your Searches
The Distributed Model
Manipulating Search Results
Handling Data Relationships
Summary and Conclusion