PyQt is a cross-platform library for developing GUIs (graphical user interfaces) for Python applications. It interfaces Python with the Qt GUI toolkit.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at persons who wish to program a visually attractive software application using Python and the Qt UI framework.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Set up a development environment that includes all needed libraries, packages and frameworks.
- Create a desktop or server application whose user interface functions smoothly and is visually appealing.
- Implement various UI elements and effects, including widgets, charts, layers, etc. to achieve maximum effect in usability.
- Implement good UI design and code organization during the design and development phase.
- Test and debug the application.
Format of the course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- This course can be offered for development on Windows, Linux and Mac OS.
- The latest version of all software is used, e.g., PyQt 5 as of this writing, etc.
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- Python programming experience.
- Non-developers with Python programming experience
Downloading and Installing PyQt, PyCharm, and Qt Designer
Preparing the Development Environment
Navigating PyCharm and Qt Designer
Creating a UI in Qt Designer
Writing the Application Logic in PyCharm
Running the Application
Expanding the Application
Adding Widgets, Charts, etc.
Creating Application Layers
Debugging the Application
Accessing a Database from within the Application
Code Organization and Design Patterns
MVP, MVVM and Other Design Patterns
Testing Strategies for the Application
Summary and Conclusion