IBM Planning Analytics powered by TM1 is an On-Line Analytical Processing (OLAP) software tool. It is a client-server environment that provides analysis of data that are stored in a database.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at analysts who wish to use TM1 to analyze and customize reports and templates for data in a database.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Learn how to analyze data using IBM Planning Analytics.
- Create custom views of the data in a database.
- Build reports and forms that communicate with TM1.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- Understanding of data analytics
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Overview of IBM TM1
- Setting up and navigating TM1
- Examining TM1 Components
IBM Planning Analytics Workspace
- Getting started with Planning Analytics workspace
- Working with books and views
- Customizing cube views
- Organizing work
- Exploring scorecards
- Entering and spreading data
IBM Planning Analytics for Microsoft Excel
- Getting started with Planning Analytics for Microsoft Excel
- Connecting to the data source
- Analyzing data
- Working with data and reports
- Exploring TM1 data
- Configuring Planning Analytics system and feature
- Understanding TM1 Admin server operations
- Planning Analytics security
- Managing users and groups
- Monitoring system and performance
- Understanding cube dependency
- Replicating and controlling cubes
- Creating dynamic reports with active forms
- Using TM1 applications
- Analyzing and entering data in IBM Planning Analytics insights
TM1 REST API
- Overview of TM1 REST API
- Getting started with TM1 REST API
- Managing and authenticating sessions
- Working with Metadata
- Representing TM1 data
- TM1 REST API data spreading
- Managing TM1 database assets
- Using TM1 admin server
- Overview of TM1 Web
- Working with websheets and charts
- Exploring data and editing subsets
- Managing TM1 Web
Summary and Next Steps