The Java EE platform provides an API and runtime environment for developing and running large-scale, multi-tiered, scalable, reliable, and secure network applications. Java EE 8 introduces a JSON Binding API for mapping between JSON text and Java objects, a new Security API, and support for HTTP/2, cloud, and HTML5.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at developers who wish to use Java EE 8’s new features to build cloud applications.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Set up the necessary development environment to start developing.
- Understand the concepts and architecture behind Java Enterprise Edition (JEE).
- Create a sample cloud application (or web service).
- Interface an application with a database.
- Write and manage stateful components using dependency injection.
- Write integration tests for Java EE components.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- Java programming experience.
Overview of Java EE Architecture
Overview Java EE 8 APIs and Functionality
Preparing the Development Environment
Installing and Configuring Java EE 8
Creating a Sample Application
Reading and Writing to a Database
Understanding Dependency Injection
Writing Stateful Components
Working with Java EE Websockets
Mapping Java type to and from JSON
Developing a UI for the Application
Securing the Application
Testing the Application
Debugging the Application
Deploying the Application
Summary and Conclusion