Kubernetes is an open source container-orchestration system for automating CI/CD management. Spinnaker is an open source multi-cloud CD platform for releasing software with efficiency. With Kubernetes and Spinnaker, users can employ immutable structures, deployment pipelines, and cluster management.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at cloud engineers who wish to use Kubernetes and Spinnaker for CI/CD operations.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Build on the Kubernetes platform to accelerate cloud targeted deployments.
- Integrate Spinnaker with Docker and Git for automating the delivery of code to pipelines.
- Automate and manage CD pipelines, while choosing from a variety of CI tool options.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- An understanding of cloud computing
- Experience with server infrastructure
- Cloud Engineers
Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Overview
- What is CI?
- What is CD?
- What is Spinnaker?
- Deployment strategies and pipelines
- Kubernetes and Spinnaker
Preparing the Development Environment
- Installing and configuring Spinnaker
Spinnaker Quick Start
- Deploying Spinnaker
- Creating an app
- Adding manifests
- Building a pipeline
- Adding artifacts
- Defining pipelines
- Setting up manual decisions and roll backs
Deploy to Kubernetes
- Configuring Kubernetes
- Adding a container app
- Deploying on Kubernetes
Summary and Conclusion