OKD is an application development platform for deploying containerized applications using Kubernetes. OKD is the upstream code base upon which Red Hat OpenShift Online and Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform are built.
In this instructor-led, live training (onsite or remote), participants will learn learn to create, update, and maintain containerized applications using OKD.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Deploy a containerized web application to an OKD cluster on-premise or in the cloud.
- Automate part of the software delivery pipeline.
- Apply the principles of the DevOps philosophy to ensure continuous delivery of an application.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- This course is based on OKD (Origin Kubernetes Distribution).
- To customize the course or request training on a different version of OpenShift (e.g., OpenShift Container Platform 3 or OpenShift Container Platform 4), please contact us to arrange.
- A general understanding of containers and orchestration
- Software development experience
The DevOps philosophy and Continuous Integration (CI) principles
Overview of OKD Features and Architecture
The Life Cycle of a Containerized Application
Navigating the OKD Web Console and CLI
Setting up the Development Environment
Defining a CI/CD Build Strategy
Developing an Application
Packaging an Application on Kubernetes
Running an Application in an OKD Cluster
Monitoring the Status of an Application
Debugging the Application
Updating an Application in Production
Managing Container Images
Customizing OKD with Custom Resource Definitions (CRDs)
Deploying Advanced Kubernetes Containers
Summary and Conclusion