The Java EE platform provides an API and runtime environment for developing and running large-scale, multi-tiered, scalable, reliable, and secure network applications. Docker and Kubernetes enable developers to package a Java application into a container and deploy it as a microservice in a Java EE environment.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at developers who wish to containerize their Java EE 8 applications and run them as microservices in the cloud.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Build and deploy Java microservices in Docker containers.
- Manage Docker containers using Kubernetes.
- Integrate microservices with an existing monolithic system.
- Monitor, test, and secure microservices.
- Troubleshoot containers and orchestration environments.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- Java programming experience
- An understanding of Java EE concepts
Overview of Java EE 8 Features and Architecture
Overview of Docker Containers and the Kubernetes Orchestrator
Understanding Microservices and How They Interact with Existing Applications
Setting up the Development Environment
Containerizing a Java Application
Networking a Docker Container
Accessing Storage Inside and Outside of a Container
Orchestrating a Docker Container using Kubernetes
Deploying the Java Application as a Microservice
Containerizing a Java EE 8 Application
Integrating a Microservice with a Java EE 8 Application
Making a Microservice Persistent
Integrating a Microservice with a Legacy Monolythic System
Troubleshooting a Microservice
Summary and Conclusion