Microsoft Bot Framework Composer is an IDE for creating and managing Microsoft Bot Framework applications. It provides an intuitive visual design surface and a streamlined codebase for bot projects.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at web developers who wish to use Microsoft Bot Framework Composer to design, build, and test conversational AI applications.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Set up the necessary development environment to start developing bot projects.
- Create a bot and integrate additional functionalities and elements with Composer.
- Enhance bot features with Composer API and customize interactions using CLI tools.
- Test, debug, and validate bots, and then deploy them to Azure.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- A general understanding of chatbots
- Web developers
- Overview of Bot Framework Composer features and advantages
- Navigating the UI
Preparing the Development Environment
- Installing Composer
- Building bot framework from source
- Configuring a proxy server
Creating a Bot
- Using the Empty bot template
- Creating simple interactions
- Testing the Bot
Adding Bot Functionalities
- Creating greetings and responses
- Enabling suggested actions or follow-up options
- Asking for user input
- Managing conversational flows
- Adding LUIS for language generation
Extending Bots with Code and APIs
- Setting up multi-user authentication
- Customizing UIs with Package Manager
- Building complex conversation workflows
Testing and Publishing Bots
- Running bots on emulator and web chat
- Debugging and validating bots
- Provisioning Azure resources
- Publishing Bots to Azure
Summary and Next Steps