On-premise, Oracle database management systems can be costly and difficult to maintain for mid and large-scale organizations. Migrating Oracle databases to Azure SQL (also known as Microsoft Azure SQL Database, Microsoft Azure SQL or AzureSQL) or PostgreSQL (also known as Postgres or Postgre SQL) is a practical solution for growing businesses to address database management, maintenance, and scalability at an optimum cost.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at database administrators and cloud architects who wish to migrate Oracle databases to Azure SQL or PostgreSQL.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Compare Azure SQL with PostgreSQL to choose the database that best meets business objectives and needs.
- Prepare databases to move definitions, data, and procedures from Oracle to AzureSQL or PostgreSQL database system.
- Perform post-migration steps to test, optimize, update, and maintain a migrated database.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- Experience with database management systems
- Familiarity with cloud computing
- Database administrators
- Cloud architects
Overview of Oracle Migration to Azure SQL or PostgreSQL
Designing a Proof of Concept Solution
Comparing Azure SQL Database With PostgreSQL Database
Configuring SQL Server Instances
Setting up Oracle Express Edition
Preparing the Database for Migration
Migrating SQL Server to Azure SQL
Deploying Post Upgrade Enhancements
Migrating Oracle Database to SQL Server 2017
Migrating the Application to Azure SQL
Migrating SQL Server to PostgreSQL
Preparing Oracle Database Migration to PostgreSQL
Migrating the Database and Application to PostgreSQL
Performing Post-Migration Tests and Optimization
Summary and Conclusion