Progressive Web Apps (PWA) are web applications that function like native applications on Android, Windows, and more. Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) are condensed web applications that are built for high speed loading. Integrating both into a web application creates a fast and engaging mobile experience.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at developers who wish to integrate AMP and PWA to create a fast and engaging mobile web application.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Set up the necessary development environment to start integrating AMP and PWA into a web application.
- Minify HTML and CSS.
- Cache with Service Worker for offline usability.
- Create and style push notifications.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- Experience with front-end development
Overview of the Front-End Web Development Cycle
- Front-end versus back-end
AMP and PWA
- Processes and modules used to optimize a web application
Free Hosted Cache Platforms
- Rel alternatives
- SERP impact
Progressive Web Apps Go Native
- Backward compatibility
- Feature parity
Preparing the Development Environment
- Installing tools to generate Service Worker code
- Installing a static content server
Developing the Application
- Code a todo list AMP template with AMP specs
- Style the AMP template with AMP tags
- Installing and configuring AMP-Install-Service Worker
Transforming the AMP to a PWA
- Generating Service Worker’s code
- Customizing cached information depending on whether online or offline
- Adding a manifest
- Adding an appshell to receive requests
- Creating and styling push notifications
Testing the Application
- Refreshing on a browser to view code changes
Deploying the Application
- Running the application on mobile simulator or mobile device
Summary and Conclusion