RxJava is a Java library for enabling event-based applications (a.k.a. Reactive Programming).
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at developers who wish to use RxJava to develop and deploy an Android mobile application.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Set up a development environment that includes needed libraries, packages and frameworks needed for developing a reactive application.
- Understand how data and event streams are emitted and consumed.
- Design applications that model real world (event based) situations in an elegant and concise way.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- To learn more about RxJava, please visit: https://github.com/ReactiveX/RxJava
- A general understanding of mobile development concepts.
- Java programming experience.
- What is Reactive Programming?
Overview of RxJava
Preparing the Development Environment
Overview of RxJava Syntax
Creating an RxJava App
Setting up Observables and Subscribers
Working with Operators
Using Conditionals to Control App Behavior
Control Backpressure with the Flowable Class
Exploring RxBinding and RxPermissions
Testing RxJava Observables and Subscriptions
Writing Unit Tests for RxJava
Deploying the App
Summary and Conclusion