Selenium is a framework that provides various tools for authoring software tests for web applications. Docker is a service platform for delivering software in containers. Selenium provides the ability to run tests inside of Docker containers in parallel.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at software testers who wish to use Selenium to execute automation tests inside of Docker containers.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Create test automation infrastructure for on-demand testing.
- Develop a test automation framework using Java.
- Build a CI/CD pipeline from scratch with Jenkins and Docker.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- An understanding of the Selenium Webdriver API
- Java programming experience
- Software Testers
Selenium and Docker Overview
- What is Selenium? What is Docker?
- Selenium features. Docker features.
Preparing the Development Environment
- Installing and configuring Selenium
- Installing and configuring Docker
Docker Quick Start
- Using Docker commands
- Working with images
- Creating containers
Test Automation Frameworks and Java
- Creating page objects and test classes
Test Automation Infrastructures
- Using Selenium Grid
- Running tests in parallel
CI/CD with Jenkins
- Installing and configuring Jenkins
- Creating pipelines
Summary and Conclusion