Spring (also known as Spring Framework) is a popular Java framework for creating web applications. It simplifies Java EE development and helps developers be more productive.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at Java developers who wish to use the Spring 5 framework to develop and deploy build enterprise web applications.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Install and configure Spring 5.
- Understand and implement Spring 5’s latest features.
- Access databases with Spring Application.
- Use the new reactive web framework, WebFlow, to make an application reactive.
- Integrate a Spring application with legacy Java EE applications.
- Test and deploy an enteprise-grade Spring application.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- Java programming experience
- An understanding of object-oriented design concepts
- What’s new in Spring 5
Overview of Spring 5 Features and Architecture
Preparing the Development Environment
Creating an Application
Choosing a Configuration Style (Java-based, annotation-based, XML-based)
Understanding Dependencies and Dependency Injection (DI)
Reducing Coupling in Spring Core
Working with Spring Boot
Accessing a Database with Hibernate
Using Spring with JPA
Spring Transaction (TX) Management
Creating a RESTful Service
Reactive Programming Using WebFlux
Building the Application or Service
Testing the Application with JUnit
Debugging the Application or Service
Integrating with Existing Java EE Web Applications
Deploying the Application
Securing the Application
Migrating Existing Applications to Spring 5 (optional)
Summary and Conclusion